Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Back in business with Murgh Labaabdaar

Okay, confession time. If I had to give an award for the Laziest Person on the Planet, I without much consideration would give it to none but myself. That is what explains my long absence from Let’s Pakao! While I could write some ten blogs on the number of excuses for neglecting this one, I think I’ll just stick to the plain old truth. I have been simply lazy.

I also have been moving houses (Okay, that would be one of THE excuses). Now if you ask me, there’s nothing more exhilarating than moving to a new place, getting familiar with it, doing it up the way you want. Of course at the cost of packing and unpacking never ending number of boxes, which seem to magically multiply by the dozen, every time I think I am done with sorting them out! I was practically beginning to see boxes and cartons flying  in my sleep, while I was sitting at a corner howling my lungs out. It was truly a trying time for me and the husband. If you have had similar experiences, you’ll know what I mean

Now that I am done with all the boxes and my rant, I’ll come back to the blog. I saw this deliciously creamy chicken recipe on TV the other day and decided to reprise it in my kitchen. Now technically, Murg Labaabdaar translates as Chicken That Makes You Want to Lick Your Lips, but I guess that’s too long a name to remember or even refer to for that matter. You just can’t go around saying, “I cooked Chicken That Makes You Want to Lick Your Lips yesterday..”. That would be downright absurd. What you can do is make some at home to enjoy with family and friends.

Murgh Labaabdaar (Chicken cooked in a rich gravy with a hint of cream and cheese)
Ingredients
250 gms boneless chicken (cut into thin strips)
3 medium sized tomatoes chopped
2 finely chopped onions
½ cup tomato ketchup
½ cup tomato puree
½ cup cream
1 tablespoon grated cheese
1 tbsp red chilli powder
2 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp elaichi powder (ground cardamom)
1 tsp kasoori methi
1 tsp honey
Corn flour
Ground pepper
Sugar and Salt to taste
Oil


Here's How:
Marinate the chicken with some cornflour, ground pepper, salt and an egg.
Heat oil in a pan. Add the chopped onions and sauté till they get a little browned. Add all the masala, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, ketchup and sauté well.  Meanwhile lightly cook the marinated chicken pieces (do not deep fry them) in a separate pan and add them in your gravy. Then add the cream and grated cheese (you can also use your regular cheese spread) to the gravy and stir well for the chicken to get cooked in the masala. Add  honey, cardamom powder and kasoori methi to finish. If you want your Murg Labaabdaar to look pretty on your dining table, you can garnish it with grated cheese and some swirls of cream. Serve hot with rotis or parathas. You can also serve it with some peas pulao if you are making it for a fancy dinner.
Note: I haven’t used any ginger-garlic in this.    

4 comments:

Suchi said...

Very Nice ...keep it Up!!!!

utpala said...

finally... good that you have started again... post more recipes

jaya said...

Hi , I hv been trying to post comment but due to some glitch , the comment wouldnt register . I dropped at ur space by chance and glad I am . I shall try ur recipe soon and let u knw how it turned out . Thanx for sharing .

Unknown said...

Sure Jaya, do let me know how it turned out :)

Pages

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured Posts